Have you ever been tasked with writing a persuasive essay only to get stuck along the way or wonder how to start the topic? Or, are you almost writing your persuasive essay and don’t know what tips and approaches you will use to ensure you write an incredible piece? Well, keep reading as you explore different persuasive essay ideas and how to go about any persuasive essay topic that comes along your way!
What is a persuasive essay? What is the purpose of a persuasive essay?
A persuasive essay is an academic writing that requires the writer to do research, highlight ideas, visualize the whole paper and put down the research findings in a professional manner. The purpose of a persuasive essay is to influence the reader to believe your opinions and ideas about a given matter.
Persuasive essay format
Like any academic piece of writing, a persuasive essay has a clear format a student should consider while writing. Be sure to include the following sections while writing a persuasive essay.
- Choose an interesting topic
- Visualize the arguments that will support your position
- Write an outline (including thesis, argument, and evidence)
- Write the introduction
- Draft the body paragraphs
- Write a conclusion
- Proofread as you edit
Persuasive essay ideas: pro tips for writing an incredible persuasive essay
1. Select an interesting topic
When you need to write a persuasive essay, ensure you settle for a topic that you love and a topic you know some facts about. This is because you will need to persuade and make the reader believe your opinions, and if the topic is quite complex, it might be hard to persuade the reader into your opinion.
2. Know the clauses used in a persuasive essay
Since you will have to convince the reader in one way or the other, ensure you understand the approved clauses you should use in such an essay.
3. Know how to start a persuasive essay
While persuading the reader in this type of essay is the key element, ensure you use a catchy hook to capture the reader’s attention. It can be a quiz, a statistic, or an intriguing anecdote.
4. Write a persuasive essay outline
The outline will help you to ensure you include every required detail in the persuasive essay. The outline should have a clear format as it will guide you on what to include in each section of the essay.
5. Research both sides
While a persuasive essay requires you to choose sides, ensure you do research on both your comparisons to ensure you understand both sides of the story well. This is to ensure while you persuade the reader to believe your opinions, they should also highlight the downsides of the other side.
Persuasive essay topics
The following are sample topics of a persuasive essay you can consider as a student when practicing or searching for a topic to write about.
Good persuasive essay topics
- Should students have the freedom to choose the courses they desire?
- Do you think students should be allowed to have phones in school?
- Is it okay to force kids to eat food they don’t like?
- What is the best pet animal to keep?
- Winter sports vs. summer sports: Which one is better?
Persuasive essay topics for college
- Explain why parents should take part in the academic progress of their kids?
- Why should college students mind about their physical and mental health?
- Creativity as part of the education system
- Why is studying abroad effective?
- Why reducing higher education costs is essential
Persuasive essay topics for high school
- The best way to conserve water
- What is the perfect way to minimize food wastage?
- Why keeping animals in a zoo is beneficial?
- Online interactions and bullying
- Has digital technology taken people’s jobs?
Persuasive essay topics for kids
- Teachers should not give homework
- Students need pocket money from parents
- Smoking should be prohibited from everybody
- Every individual needs to do exercise daily
- Students should go to bed early
Persuasive essay topics for students
- Healthy eating habits should be taught in learning institutes
- Video games are effective in learning
- Students should take part in sporting activities
- Money is significant in a person’s life
- Cities should have free WIFI
Writing a persuasive may seem hard, but when you try with the above tips, you will realize the whole concept is easy and interesting, especially when working on a topic you love the most.